Skip to content
1. Prepare your 3D model in Adobe Fuse CC
- Download and install Adobe Fuse CC (preview) from the following link. http://www.adobe.com/hu/products/fuse/features.html
- Choose MaleFitA (for men clothes) or FemaleFitA (for women clothes) body parts.
- Add clothing of your choice to the character.
- Optional – customize it’s textures and colors.
- Save it into Mixamo cloud for auto rigging.
- Export as an UE4 FBX.
2. Export high resolution textures separately for UE4 PBR material
- Select clothing only.
- Change texture resolution to 1024×1024 or 2048×2048.
- File -> Export textures -> Unreal Engine 4.
3. Edit the model with 3D Studio Max and export it as an FBX
- Extract and open the downloaded FBX file in 3D Studio Max (or in your favorite 3D modeling software).
- Remove everything (body, eyes, default, etc.) but the clothing .
- Remove unnecessary faces from the sleeves.
- Export into FBX.
4. Import the asset into UE4 and add it to the products menu
- Import the FBX file that was previously created with 3D Studio Max
- Select “as skeletal”, and choose the MaleFitA skeleton
- Import texture files separately
- Open roughness texture and uncheck it’s RGB parameter
- Create a blank material and add all the imported texture files as Texture Sample nodes
- Import Occlusion mask and the thumbnail (files are located at c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Fuse CC (Preview)\Data\Domains\Mixamo\Cloths\CLOTH_NAME\)
- Open the MainUI blueprint, and add the the asset to the products menu
- That is all! It’s ready to do some tests.