I. Facebook application
1. Creating a new APP
To use the share on Facebook option you need to create a graph api application.
- On https://developers.facebook.com/apps, Add a new app. (create developer account first if necessary)
- Click on the basic setup link at the bottom
- Name it anything you like, and select a category (for example: Fashion)
- Settings -> Advanced set app type to desktop/native
- App Secret in Client – no
2. Access token
- Click on the graph api explorer link Tools/Support -> Graph Api Explorer – https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer
- In the top right dropdown menu choose you new app name, and click to “Get User Acces token“.
- From extended permissions, check:
- publish_actions - publish_pages - manage_pages
- Login as prompted and allow everything
- If you want to share photos to a fan page, add /accounts after your ID or (me) to the line next to GET (it is like https://graph.facebook.com/me/accounts)
- Click on send, you will see your accounts/private pages in an XML form with the associated tokens.
- In this list, find the Facebook page you want to use for photo sharing
- You can find the access_token below the name of the page
3. Extending Access Token Expiration Time
- Use the URL below the extend your access_token’s expiration time
https://graph.facebook.com/oauth/access_token? redirect_uri=& client_id=APP_ID& client_secret=APP_SECRET& grant_type=fb_exchange_token& fb_exchange_token=EXISTING_ACCESS_TOKEN
- Use this token in the MainUI blueprint -> PostToFB node
- The url should be “https://graph.facebook.com/YOUR_PAGE_ID/photos“